Steps to Finding the Best Auto Shipping Company
Scams are becoming more prevalent in the auto transport industry. We take you through how to choose an auto shipping company, and more importantly, how to avoid the scams that prey on those shipping their vehicles long distances.
- Find a company you are interested in and go directly to their website for a quote. (Do not put your information in a multi-quote website. You will receive unfavorable email and phones calls by 20 different companies.) You must enter all information correctly to receive the most accurate rate.
- Do not automatically go with the lowest price. Many companies lure unsuspecting customers with the lowest bid. They then need to locate a carrier to physically move your vehicle. If the carrier does not accept the low price (and generally they don't), then your vehicle will not be moved. A lot of companies low-ball customers into using their service, but at Coast to Coast Auto, we are always up-front and honest with our pricing and information.
- Research the transport companies you are considering. You can start with simply doing a Google search of the companies name, or by using a review website. Call multiple companies, ask friends if they have ever used a transport company. Review quotes, terms & conditions, reviews posted on the Internet. Make sure they have been in business at least a few years. This is a highly unregulated industry, and many less than desirable companies pop-up with new names every few years to strike unsuspecting customers again and again.
- Make a decision about which auto shipper to use and book your transport. Make sure to have a confirmation via fax or email. Read everything a company sends you before signing it.
- Prepare your vehicle for transport by removing all personal or valuable items. Most auto transport companies prefer you have less than a quarter tank of fuel because it greatly decreases the weight they carry and the less weight they haul, the better the fuel economy. Coast to Coast Auto Transport is licensed to transport vehicles only. There cannot be any personal belongings or household goods packed inside your vehicle. All vehicles must be operable and running with working brakes.
- Make sure the carrier inspects your vehicle. At pick-up, the driver should inspect the car for any existing damage. They will footnote the damage on the vehicle condition report. They will ask you to sign it and will hand you a copy of the report for your records. Keep this with you until the car is delivered.
- Inspect the car to ensure there are no additional dings, dents or scratches.This is your only opportunity to claim damage, so please take your time. If any damage is claimed, make sure the carrier signs the condition report and make sure you retain a copy for your records.
We are dedicated to providing you with the best auto shipper service in the industry. Which means; we like to be upfront and honest about all of our information and costs. We would be happy to offer you a free quote so that we can prove that our service is the best in the industry.