When driving down the road and seeing a massive transport truck go by, one may think, “who’s driving that thing?!” Well the truth is this: it’s not just anyone. Not just anyone can be a car hauler. If you think you have what it takes to become a car hauler, keep reading!
So how difficult it is? Here are just some of the many facts about car haulers:
- Applicants have to be at least 21 years of age to cross state lines.
- A truck driver-training course is required. This course has to be taken by a Professional Truck Driver Institute (PTDI). It entails in class, and out of class learning.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Applicants must pass a written exam along with a driver’s test.
- Drivers are required to pass a physical examination every two years. Good hearing and vision are required. Typically, one’s vision has to be at least 20/40. Normal blood pressure and arm and leg movement is essential.
- Drivers need to have a perfectly clean Driving Record. No excessive speeding or DUI infractions are allowed and a revoked license will result in a rejected application.
Last, but not least, there is a driving test involved. It examines you driving skills by looking at your ability in hauling large vehicles. A DMV representative will supervise and grade your ability accordingly. At Coast to Coast Auto Transport we make sure to hire the best and the brightest drivers in the Northwest. We promote safety above everything else. Our drivers have always been trustworthy individuals that our customers can count on!
If you are interested in becoming a car hauler for our company, or want to learn more about auto transportation contact us today! We are excited to hear from you!